The FINAL, FINAL, FINAL solution. (No, we didn't switch to Exchange.)
I have several other articles on this site talking about Zimbra not working at a client's home network, but working fine at the office and other locations.
Sometimes Firefox would work, but IE almost never would...
We even re-installed Windows and IE to try and get it to work.
The ultimate solution?
We replaced the Netgear router with a Linksys (Cisco) router.
As soon as we did that, it worked flawlessly.
So, here's the deal:
- Every other website we tried to access worked fine.
- AFAIK: We had no other problems with any other websites.
- Firefox would usually work.
- IE6/7/8 would almost never work.
- The Netgear was one of those "tower" style wireless routers. We never had any errors or other problems with the router.
- Replacing the router solved the problem instantly.
So, just to prove the point, we upgraded one of the routers at one home and left the other at the other. As soon as we tried the Netgear at the other location, it failed. As soon as we replaced the Netgear with a Linksys, it worked.
I'm usually a big fan of Netgear, especially its business line, so I was really surprised when it all came down to a problematic router that didn't "fail", it just messed up the traffic.
It wasn't a settings issue because we reset the Netgear to the factory default configuration and ran the configuration wizard and it still had problems.
Did this help you? You can help me!
Did you find this information helpful? You can help me back by linking to this page, purchasing from my sponsors, or posting a comment!
+One me on Google:
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/mojocode