You are hereExcel 2003 Crashing on Cut or Paste
Excel 2003 Crashing on Cut or Paste
I had a user report that, all of a sudden, anytime they cut or pasted something in Excel 2003 running on Windows 7, Excel would crash.
We'd had a problem before with Skype and Bluetooth causing Excel to crash, but when I checked this setting in the registry, it WAS set to zero as needed:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins \BtOfficeAddin.BtOfficeIntegration.1\LoadBehavior REG_DWORD 0x0
Change the LoadBehavior key from 3 to 0, if needed. In this case, it was already 0.
So, that left the user still having the problem...
I ended up checking for compatibility issues with the option to do so in Windows 7 after disabling UAC.
UAC is the "User Annoyance Crap" program that Windows Vista introduced and Windows 7 continues to foist on users. You'll disable it eventually, so you can just go ahead and do it now on the command line running as Administrator:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Now reboot for this to take effect.
Next, fix Excel by running the compatibility wizard:
- Right click the shortcut to Excel 2003.
- Click "Troubleshoot compatibility"
- The Wizard will say, "Detecting issues"
- The Wizard will say, "Resolving issues"
- Click "Try recommended settings"
- You might see it recommending Windows XP (Service Pack 2) mode and offering to "test compatibility settings for the program"
- Click the "Start the program..." button to try it
- Click the "Next" button
- Click the "Yes, save these settings for this program" option to save the new compatibility settings
- You should see a "Troubleshooting has completed" confirmation window
- Close the troubleshooter window
- Restart Excel
- Test to see if that fixed it
Did this help you? You can help me!
Did you find this information helpful? You can help me back by linking to this page, purchasing from my sponsors, or posting a comment!
+One me on Google:
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/mojocode