You are here"2 Snaps Up!" or How to Slap Down Snap on Windows 7
"2 Snaps Up!" or How to Slap Down Snap on Windows 7
Windows 7 is basically OK, but there are some things that have been added to "improve" it that drive me nuts. One of those is the default setting that causes windows that get near the edge of the screen to suddenly pop full screen. In addition to these kinds of new "features", Windows 7 also does a good job hiding where you need to go to fix these settings.
The Aero interface is what does this and the feature is called the "Snap Window Arrangement" feature.
So, if you've done some searching and hit Google and been scared off by the articles that tell you to change the registry and logoff/logon, have no fear! The setting is easy to change, doesn't require a logoff/logon, and is super simple to do, once you find it...
- Right click your desktop.
- Click "Personalize".
- Click "Ease of Access Center".
- Click the "Make the mouse easier to use" link.
- Make sure "Prevent windows from being automatically arraned when moved to the edge of the screen" is checked.
- Click OK.
- Close the "Ease of Access Center".
- Try moving your windows around and you'll see you're no longer getting snapped.
- To enable it, you would, obviously, repeat these steps except you'd UNCHECK the "Prevent..." box.
That's it. You'll now be more productive as you won't have to keep un-maximizing windows, just because you moved them and Windows 7 tried to be helpful.
Did this help you? You can help me!
Did you find this information helpful? You can help me back by linking to this page, purchasing from my sponsors, or posting a comment!
+One me on Google:
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/mojocode